Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tom Selleck!

Yesterday as I was surfing netflix for something to watch I stumbled upon a movie I haven't seen in maybe ten plus years called Mr. Baseball. The film starred Tom Selleck as a struggling major leager who gets traded to a team in Japan. The fact that his film contained two things I love, Asian culture and Baseball, was a bonus but what hooked me was Tom freaking Selleck. I can't believe how awesome that master of moustaches is
As I recall from my youth my first experience with Tom Selleck was through watching Magnum P.I. with my grandparents. In the show he played a cool, suave, yet tough as nails private detective who lives in Hawaii and drives a red Ferrari, who would love a show like that? Plus the show had a freaking sweet theme song, check it out.


Magnum P.I. really showcased how versatile of an actor he is, he can be serious, funny, tough, a ladies man and so on. But television could not contain him for too long. The next thing I remembering seeing was an awesome flick called Quigley Down Under. In that film he played a "cowboy" from the U.S. who was hired by an Austrailian land owner (Alan Rickman, also awesome). Quigley's speciality was shooting stuff far away with an awesome feaking rifle.



Selleck is the most BA cowboy ever. But this next scene really proves it.



See. What'd I tell ya?

Ok, he is seriously BA, but he can also be really funny and he is confident enough in himself to be able to make fun of himself and his legendary moustaches. As evidence here is a clip from the Conan O'brian show he did a while back.


Genius! I strongly recommend checking out all of the stuff that he has been in, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment