Thursday, May 26, 2011

Photos by Me

Occasionally I know how to take a great photograph and so I'll be posting several of the ones I like the most and I'll be giving short descriptions underneath them.


This photo above is at Stage Fort Park in Gloucester, MA. Stage Fort was utilized during the war of 1812 against the British. It had a great strategic location being on the side of the harbor, also across the other side of the harbor was another Fort but unfortunately that one was not well preserved. What I like about this photo is the color contrast between the sky and earth and also that I took the picture right as the schooner on the water passed in front of the canon.




These two photos I took in the desert outside of Las Vegas in a national park called The Valley of Fire. It was April around the time I went and as you can see spring was just starting in the desert and it was very beautiful. If you every get the chance to see the desert in the spring, I recommend it.


This picture might not be the best in quality but I love it because of the movements that it captures. This picture of the boys Smoke Dance was taken in 2005 at the 6 Nations Pow Wow in Salamanca, NY. Like I said in my Facebook description it was the first real pow wow that I've been to. It's called the 6 Nation Pow Wow because of the six Indian nations that made up the Iroquois Confederacy which are; Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, and Tuscarora.


For a brief time I live in Jamestown, NY and apparently their claim to fame is being the place where Lucille Ball was born, that's right, I Love Lucy. Anyways this photo was taken in an alley way between third and fourth street, it looks rad in black and white, glad I chose that film.



Speaking of Black and Whites, here are two more of my favorite. The top one is of the stairs going up to the top of the Lynn T-stop in Lynn, MA. I posted it on some contest site once and the people said that no center of frame or focus but I blew them off because I like the contrast between light and shadow. I had another Gloriously awesome photo of the outside of the Lynn stop that I took with a black and white disposable camera, can you believe it? It was unsanctumoniusly deleted from my parents computer! But I digress. The bottom photo was when I was just starting out with black and white photography in my senior year of high school. It's a playground at Eastside Park in Oakdale, MN. On the top right hand corner I needed to "dodge & burn" but for the most part I like it, again because out the light and shadow play.
Well that's it for now I guess, until I come across more.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment