Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Don't delete my soul!

Poetry, the thing a lot of people don't like to admit they like. Well I like it, and I write it. Sure some of just plain sucks but a lot of what I write I like. It's also nice to look at a poem that I wrote and remember what inspired it and how that inspiration made me feel at the time. It just so happens that I found, or should I say re-discovered, some of me earlier poetry and I am posting the two I like the most.


The Bird
by
Tim Tschida
I shot an arrow into the sun
I must admit it was all in good fun
The son spoke and asked
"Do you know what you've just begun?"
The Arrow came back as a bird
It had a voice I swear I heard
It flew down and landed on a tree nearby
I looked up and saw a tear drop from his eye
It flew away and left me a-stray
I yell hey don't go and leave me alone
Don't make me grab my things and go home
I met a stranger on the road
He stuck out a hand for me to hold
He said
"Hey man I'm your future self,
its so nice you wanted to share your wealth"
We walked on for a while
It seemed like it was many a mile
Before I knew it he stopped in his track
He reached around and gave me a slap on the back
He said
"Hey man this was only a preview,
there is a lot more for you to continue."

Soldier
by
Tim Tschida
To see your face
would be like granting
my last wish
before I die
But you are like sand
blowing in the wind
always slipping through
my fingers, yet scratching
the surface of my heart
I am the embattled
soldier in an
endless war of
missed chances, searching
for a land to conquer,
And sanity will never
know my name thanks
to the slightest
glimpse of you.
Like it, or not like it is fine by me. It may be a bit sloppy too but I am no prize winning author so it satifies me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment